[openssl-dev] Please consider delaying the Beta-1 freeze for a week or two

Jaroslav Imrich jaroslav.imrich at gmail.com
Fri Mar 11 12:17:50 UTC 2016

On 11 March 2016 at 10:21, Matt Caswell <matt at openssl.org> wrote:

> I'd argue that a freeze helps us to iron the issues out. Problems tend
> to get introduced when new features are added. By declaring a freeze we
> no longer accept new features and can instead divert our attention to
> stability and bug fixing.

I would like to point out that there are several already reviewed pull
requests with new features - e.g. [0] and [1] - waiting to be merged. Do
openssl devs plan to address these before 1.1 freeze?

[0] https://github.com/openssl/openssl/pull/576
[1] https://github.com/openssl/openssl/pull/771

Regards, Jaroslav