[openssl-project] platforms: what do the different "classes" mean?

Tim Hudson tjh at cryptsoft.com
Wed Jan 10 22:32:17 UTC 2018

If you and or Matt are actively supporting it then it is "Secondary".
If someone who is non-OMC, non-committer steps forward to say they will
support it then it is Community.
Otherwise it is Unknown (unless we plan to deprecate it).

I have no problem with you and/or Matt and/or any OMC or committer stepping
forward to place Cygwin in the Secondary status.
But if you want it in Community then a community member has to step forward.

Although I do see that you could elect to make it Community because you
support it but not "actively" - although that wasn't the intent at all -
either a team member is supporting it or a community member is.
It wasn't intended to be a second-class level of team support.

Tim.