[openssl-project] GitHub milestone for 1.1.1

Richard Levitte levitte at openssl.org
Mon Mar 19 10:58:41 UTC 2018

Andy has indicated that the rather special construction to get command line C macro definitions and include paths specs collected in one place (*) is perhaps too special and could be handle by parsing CPPFLAGS and extra multiple definitions to get them collected in one spot.

I have some ideas on how to do that, but wonder if that would be considered a new feature with regards to the beta release (we can stop talking now in that case) or if this would be considered a fix. That will decide if it's even worth an effort.

Note: this affects VMS only, at least re make variables.

Cheers
Richard

(*) Unix and windows handles those with -D and -I flags that can be spread out all over the command line. VMS command lines work a bit differently, and the C compiler complies with that standard, so *all* macros must be collected in *one* qualifiers (VMS terminology where the Unix guy would say "flag" or possibly "option"), like this:

     /DEFINE=(MACRO1, MACRO2="Foo", "Macro3=bar")

The same goes for include paths, similarly collected in the qualifier /INCLUDE

Matt Caswell <matt at openssl.org> skrev: (19 mars 2018 10:12:06 CET)