[openssl-users] Changing malloc/debug stuff

Salz, Rich rsalz at akamai.com
Thu Dec 17 09:28:28 UTC 2015

I want to change the memory alloc/debug things.

Right now there are several undocumented functions to allow you to swap-out the malloc/realloc/free routines, wrappers that call those routines, debug versions of those wrappers, and functions to set the set-options versions of those functions.  Yes, really :)  Is anyone using that stuff?

I want to change the model so that there are three wrappers around malloc/realloc/free, and that the only thing you can do is change that wrapper.  This is vastly simpler and easier to understand.  I also documented it.  A version can be found at https://github.com/openssl/openssl/pull/450

I've posted about this before.  But I'm asking again if this kind of change will cause problems for anyone.

Thanks.

--
Senior Architect, Akamai Technologies
IM: richsalz at jabber.at Twitter: RichSalz