OpenSSL project is considering to close this mailing list

Graham Leggett minfrin at sharp.fm
Fri Mar 17 12:06:38 UTC 2023

On 17 Mar 2023, at 10:04, Tomas Mraz <tomas at openssl.org> wrote:

> We are seeking input on this potential change if you are currently
> actively contributing on openssl-users mailing list discussion and you
> believe such a change would substantially reduce your participation in
> the project.
>
> [1] https://github.com/openssl/openssl/
> [2] https://github.com/openssl/openssl/issues
> [3] https://github.com/openssl/openssl/pulls

As bank account holders of SVB have discovered, counterparty risk is a thing.

I would gate all notifications from github onto these lists to be archived permanently in an off-github medium. Github decides to replace the features you’re using with something else, the history is lost for good.

Regards,
Graham
—