OpenSSL project is considering to close this mailing list

Dr. Matthias St. Pierre Matthias.St.Pierre at ncp-e.com
Mon Mar 20 09:16:09 UTC 2023

> > Matthias.St.Pierre at ncp-e.com 0 8 12

I admit that I'm not posting very often to the list, but I'm scanning all subject lines in my
inbox every workday and read all post which catch my interest.

As I wrote previously: what I like about this list is that it is a list with an active community.
It has a very different audience and very often it's users who answer questions by other users.
Newbie questions are treated kindly and questions are answered with patience. Often there
are questions concerning not so commonly used platforms, which are answered by other users
who are familiar with that platform.

This is a valuable contribution by our user base and keeps some of the support burden
off the core team. So why cut off this valuable resource? If the GitHub enthusiasts don't
care for the mailing list anymore, all they need to do is to sign off and ignore it.

Matthias